- Write detailed reviews for all submissions including those that are exemplary
- Provide constructive criticisms to help the authors
- Focus reviews on content
- Point out typographic and grammatical errors, unless there are too many of them
- Although the eJournal of Public Affairs requires all submitted papers to be of professional quality, once a paper is accepted, authors will have a brief opportunity to improve the presentation of their papers prior to publication
Advantages of being a reviewer
- Collaborating with an national editorial team and being an integral part of the American Democracy Project
- Mentoring authors
- Participating in processes to improve editorial work
- Participating in a professional collaboration committed to improving the eJournal of Public Affairs publications
- Provide consultation for other experts in a similar field
- Authors will receive confirmation of submission within one week of receipt.
- Managing editor will determine reviewers for blind review.
- Potential reviewers will be given one week to accept a manuscript.
- An alternate reviewer will be contacted if not accepted by first reviewer.
- Authors will be contacted regarding the editors’ decision, a process which generally takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Four standard responses will be given:
- Accepted with no changes
- Accepted on condition of changes
- Revise and resubmit
- Not accepted
- Questions about manuscript guidelines should be emailed to: ejournalPA@missouristate.edu
When a manuscript has been formally accepted for publication:
- Authors will be required to submit a complete electronic copy of the final version, including all figures, charts, tables, appendices, and illustrations.
- The eJournal of Public Affairs reserves the right to make non-substantive editorial changes for style, clarity, and consistency.